According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency, poor indoor air quality continues to be a top-five risk to public health year after year. Despite this constant threat, homeowners continue to take the air they breathe inside their home for granted. Here’s why it’s important to have good indoor air quality and how you can achieve it.
Good Indoor Air Quality Prevents Health Problems
Fact: The air inside your home in Buford, Georgia, can be up to five times more polluted than the air outside. In some cases, service technicians have tested air that was 100 times more polluted. Since most Americans spend a lot of time indoors, whether at home or at work, it’s imperative that creating good indoor air quality becomes a focus.
Symptoms of Poor IAQ
- Headaches, eye irritation and fatigue
- Severe allergies and asthma
- Cancers and long-term complications
How to Create Good Indoor Air Quality in Your Home
Cleaning the air inside your home isn’t hard; it only takes time and a conscious effort. If you smoke indoors, stepping outside to do so is the first step toward improving your home’s IAQ. Here are some other easy steps to take.
Steps to Improving Your Home’s IAQ
- Invest in IAQ solutions: air cleaners, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, purifiers and ventilators.
- Place houseplants around your home: Spider Plant, Dracaena, Peace Lily, Snake Plant and Bamboo Palm.
- Change your air filter: Check it monthly and, if possible, upgrade to a high-efficiency particulate air filter.
TIP: Keep your Buford, GA, home’s humidity between 30 and 50 percent to improve IAQ and help your HVAC system.
If you’re interested in learning more about how poor indoor air quality can impact your respiratory health, or if you’d like to invest in one of Trane’s IAQ solutions for your home in Buford, Georgia, contact Arcadia HVAC today at (770) 814-6220. One of our service technicians certified by NATE will be happy to address all of your concerns.